Living a pandemic!

 My mother (the first on the right) and her colleagues working during the pandemic.

Today our teachers have proposed that we talk in our blogs about our experience with the pandemic.
At the beginning, being in quarantine looks quite fun, it  has been like extending our spring holidays.All of us have thought that not going to high school was a fantasy, don’t you think so? In my case, I really liked the idea of being at home and doing what I want.
On the other hand, you start to feel tired of doing the same things every day. There isn’t any difference between the weekdays, we always have the same routine.

Firstly, I felt relaxed, but we started with online classes and everything became a bit chaotic until I adapted to the new routine.
Every morning, I have online classes where teachers and students can work together and it makes my mornings more enjoyable.In the afternoons, I usually do my homework from the music academy and the English academy. When I have free time, I spend it watching series, films,reading, listening to music...
In my family, the crisis hasn’t affected us too much. My mother works at the hospital and now she has a lot of work and it’s too hard for her and her colleagues. 
However, my father is retired, so he spends his time working on our land, whereas I stay at home with my niece.

One of the most positive experiences are video calls, it sounds simple but watching all my friends through it makes me very happy. We’ve even had parties on calls. I miss them so much, it is not the same seeing them every day, hugging them and meeting up at any time, but now, I can only see them through a screen.
I think that this experience will make our relationships stronger and it will help us feel full of positivity. Something negative is that I miss my siblings a lot too, because they both have their own houses and I can't see them like before.

Furthermore, we have to talk about the facilities we have and they help us to communicate and feel together.Technology has definitely been decisive in this pandemic.It keeps us distracted, we can watch series, read books, we use them to study, at work, online classes,business...
This process would have been much harder and more critical without technology. Many scientists and researchers need it to find cures, verify its effectiveness, establish some preventive measures... 15 years ago technology wasn’t so modern and this whole situation would have been much more difficult and lethal.

Secondly, it has been a very negative experience for all those who have been infected with the virus and have to fight each day for their lives. There are a lot of people that don’t know how to react to the situation and in the last days they have been sadder, worried and scared more than they usually are. Something good is the network support we give each other, also, there are many artists that collaborate and share their experiences with us.
All this situation makes us value all those who are there and they will always be in good times and bad ones. I realize how happy I was when I was with my family or friends and I see now how important it was.

Perhaps, if the government were in other conditions it would help more.
Apart from that, the school methods we use and the preventive measures, are working very well. Everyone does their part and all of us help each other.
We all want it to end soon, we just have to wait!

Comentarios